Keypoint Law is delighted to announce that Matthew Bode has joined the firm as a Consulting Principal based in Brisbane.
Matthew is a banking and finance lawyer of over 25 years’ experience gained at top-tier and national firms. He was formerly a Partner and the National Head of Banking and Finance at Colin Biggers & Paisley, and prior to that was a partner of Gadens. Earlier in his career he worked internationally with Linklaters (London), Ogier (Cayman Islands) and Maples & Calder (Hong Kong).
Matthew acts on the full spectrum of banking and finance transactions. His specialities include:
- corporate debt financing (bilateral and syndicated lending);
- asset and structured finance (including aircraft, shipping, and mining equipment);
- property finance (from residential subdivisions and apartments to 5-star hotels and shopping centres); and
- acquisition finance (including for major assets in the beef, lamb, and cotton industries in Australia).
Commenting on the appointment, Keypoint CEO Warren Kalinko stated:
“Matt brings exceptional banking and finance experience to our firm, developed over many years acting for banks and other corporates on major financing transactions both in Australia and internationally. His joining enables Keypoint to further broaden and strengthen the services we offer our clients; and we’re delighted he has chosen to join our firm”.
Commenting further, Warren Kalinko said:
“Matthew’s appointment comes at an important time, with many companies struggling with the challenging economic conditions brought about by Covid19. Our ability to offer deep expertise in banking and finance law during these uncertain times – particularly when guidance on the financial terms and conditions of a company’s loan and security documentation can be critical to the success or survival of a business – is very welcome.”
Matthew Bode said:
“I am thrilled to be joining such an innovative legal platform as Keypoint. Its ability to provide corporate clients, both large and small, with full-service capabilities, in conjunction with bespoke banking and finance legal advice, positions the firm very well, and I look forward to working with our team to assist our clients”.
About Keypoint Law
- Established in 2014.
- Our firm of almost 50 senior lawyers provides legal services across 23 practice areas from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
- The firm’s recognition includes:
- Current finalist for ‘Law Firm of the Year (1-100 lawyers)’ in the upcoming 2020 Australasian Law Awards;
- Winner ‘Medium Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2019 Victorian Legal Awards;
- Winner ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Australian Law Awards;
- listing of its lawyers in peer-reviewed ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ 2020, across 17 practice areas.