Tony has provided professional services to business proprietors, entrepreneurs, local government authorities, and private clients for more than 25 years, including over 20 years as owner of his own law firm.
He advises predominately in the areas of business law, property transactions and commercial matters, and his clients range from small consultancies through to large national (including ASX-listed) corporations across a range of industries, including technology, retail, manufacturing, transport and logistics, local government, real estate, medical and allied health.
Tony also has extensive experience advising private clients about their personal legal matters, principally with respect to asset protection, estate administration, wills, and estate planning.
Tony focus is to provide practical and commercial advice to help solve real world problems in a meaningful way.
Tony is located in Brisbane, Queensland.
Tony’s areas of expertise include:
- Commercial and property law:
- Buying or selling a business
- Starting a new business
- Structuring a business including company formations and trusts
- Preparing and reviewing commercial and retail leases
- Reviewing and drafting contracts
- Preparing trading terms and conditions
- Acquiring interests in companies and preparing share sale agreements and shareholders agreements
- Formation of partnerships and establishing joint ventures
- Devising business asset protection strategies
- Preparing and implementing business succession planning
- Entering franchising or distributorship arrangements
- Observing Competition & Consumer Act requirements and compliance issues
- Applying for trade marks and addressing intellectual property issues
- Purchasing business premises and related property matters
- Entering into Loan and security arrangements
- Preparing employment and contractor agreements
- Local Government:
- General commercial advice
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiations
- Company secretarial services
- Drafting and advising on property dealings such as leases and easements
- Drafting and advising on trustee leases under the Land Act
- Resumptions under the Acquisition of Land Act
- Development services and
- Acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential properties.
- Estate Planning:
- powers of attorney,
- establishment of trusts and wealth transmission documents,
- general estate planning,
- estate litigation; and
- asset protection.
Examples of Tony’s work include:
- Acting for a large South-East Queensland Local Government Authority for over 25 years providing advice concerning land resumptions, commercial and trustee leases, property transactions and commercial and corporate matters relevant to local government operations;
- the provision of property, commercial and corporate services to business enterprises ranging from small consultancies through to large ASX listed companies;
- advising medical and allied health practitioners with respect to business structures, contracting arrangements and buying and selling their businesses.; and
- acting for private clients in respect of their wills, trusts and estate planning, protection of their assets and deceased estate administration.
Tony holds degrees in both commerce and law from the University of Queensland and is admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.
Tony is a member of:
- the Queensland Law Society;
- Australian Tax institute.
|2021 (September) – current
|Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal
|2009 – 2021
|Adams & Ross Lawyers Pty Ltd | Owner & Legal Practice Director
|1995 – 2009
|Adams & Ross Lawyers and Business Advisors and Tony Pereira Lawyers | Owner & Principal
|2008 – 2009
|Super Cheap Auto Group | Inaugural Company Solicitor