Rod has over 30 years’ experience in consumer and business law, and specialises in wealth protection, business succession and personal estate planning. He has been a director of numerous companies and NFPs, with clients also benefitting from Rod’s first hand commercial experience. Rod is author of the acclaimed text ‘Understanding Wills and Estate Planning”.
- Personal Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Wealth Protection
- Corporate & Personal Insolvency
- Corporate and Commercial Law & Practice
- Reconstruction and business turnaround solutions
Rod has lectured nationally and internationally on a range of topics relating to business transactions, business structures, corporate governance, wealth protection, personal estate planning and business exit planning.
Rod’s professional qualifications and memberships include:
- BA, LLB (UNSW)
- Master of Laws (Applied Laws) majoring in Wills & Estates (LLM)
- Member International Society of Trustee and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Committee, Business Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Director – Convention Travel Pty Ltd
- Director – Unconventional Conventions Pty Ltd
Rod is the author of the plain English text ‘Understanding Wills and Estate Planning”.
Rod is also extensively involved in the disability sector, and is a regular voluntary speaker at education functions for parents of disabled children.
Rod’s prior professional positions include:
- Accredited Specialist – Commercial Litigation
- Accredited Advisor – National Stock Exchange (NSX)
- Advisor – Family Business Australia
- Chair – Wollongong Stock Exchange Steering Committee
- Director – Turnaround Management Association of Australia
- Chair – Insolvency & Reconstruction Law Committee, Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
- Director – The Illawarra Connection Inc
- Director – Circus Monoxide Inc
- Formerly a member of the Elder Law and Succession Committee of the Law Society of NSW
|2016||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2008 – 2016||Slater & Gordon| National Practice Group Leader Estate Planning|
|2002 – 2008||Access Business Lawyers, Sydney & Wollongong| Managing Director|
|1991 – 2002||Sole Practitioner|
|1987 – 1991||Abbott Tout, Sydney & Parramatta| Partner|
|1979 – 1987||Brown & Partners, Sydney) | Partner|