Rod has over 30 years’ experience in consumer and business law, and specialises in wealth protection, business succession and personal estate planning. He has been a director of numerous companies and NFPs, with clients also benefitting from Rod’s first hand commercial experience. Rod is author of the acclaimed text ‘Understanding Wills and Estate Planning”.
Rod can be contacted on +61 2 8035 5200 or by email at email@example.com.
- Personal Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Wealth Protection
- Corporate & Personal Insolvency
- Corporate and Commercial Law & Practice
- Reconstruction and business turnaround solutions
Rod has lectured nationally and internationally on a range of topics relating to business transactions, business structures, corporate governance, wealth protection, personal estate planning and business exit planning.
Rod’s professional qualifications and memberships include:
- BA, LLB (UNSW)
- Master of Laws (Applied Laws) majoring in Wills & Estates (LLM)
- Certified Trustee and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
- Member International Society of Trustee and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Committee, Business Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Director – Convention Travel Pty Ltd
- Director – Unconventional Conventions Pty Ltd
Rod is the author of the plain English text ‘Understanding Wills and Estate Planning”.
Rod is also extensively involved in the disability sector, and is a regular voluntary speaker at education functions for parents of disabled children.
Rod’s prior professional positions include:
- Accredited Specialist – Commercial Litigation
- Accredited Advisor – National Stock Exchange (NSX)
- Advisor – Family Business Australia
- Chair – Wollongong Stock Exchange Steering Committee
- Director – Turnaround Management Association of Australia
- Chair – Insolvency & Reconstruction Law Committee, Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
- Director – The Illawarra Connection Inc
- Director – Circus Monoxide Inc
- Formerly a member of the Elder Law and Succession Committee of the Law Society of NSW
|2016||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2008 – 2016||Slater & Gordon| National Practice Group Leader Estate Planning|
|2002 – 2008||Access Business Lawyers, Sydney & Wollongong| Managing Director|
|1991 – 2002||Sole Practitioner|
|1987 – 1991||Abbott Tout, Sydney & Parramatta| Partner|
|1979 – 1987||Brown & Partners, Sydney) | Partner|