Neil is a senior lawyer with 40+ years of experience. He acts for a range of large and medium sized companies dealing with a wide range of business and property law matters.
Neil has developed long term relationships with many of his clients which has provided a depth of understanding of their business and needs for legal services.
Neil is well regarded for his years of experience as a lawyer; his efficient and knowledgeable approach to client services has seen him involved in highly complex property and commercial transactions for a range of large Australian corporations, thriving SMEs and high net-worth individuals.
He has experience in drafting a wide range of commercial agreements and documents including preparing Sale contracts for businesses and converting large complicated legal agreements into clear, modern and easy to understand documents. Neil prefers using plain English to draft documents so that his clients can easily understand them.
Neil is focused on achieving results efficiently for his clients, collaborating with them to achieve their strategic and commercial objectives.
Neil joined Keypoint in 2023 and is based in Sydney.
- Real property asset structured acquisition and disposal
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Hotel management agreements
- Construction contracts
- Development of major projects
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising vendors and purchasers for sale and purchase of commercial, retail or residential properties
- Assisting small to medium sized businesses on general commercial transactions and protection of intellectual property
- Acting for landlords and tenants on broad range of leasing issues including complex incentive arrangements, transfer and assignment
- Providing advice on various strata matters to private owners and Owners Corporations including compliance with the legislation, drafting by-laws and providing general advice
- NSW State taxation advice including stamp duty
- Advising high net worth individuals on inter family and commercial loans, mortgages and guarantees
- Assisting property developers with co-ownership agreements and joint venture deeds
- Advising professional service providers on preparing consultancy and management agreements
- Acting on sale on businesses by way of sale of shares or sale of assets
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Sydney
- Member of the NSW Law Society
|2023||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2016 – 2023||Case Law | Partner|
|2008 – 2016||Turtons Lawyers | Special Counsel|
|2003 – 2008||Thomson Geer (then Cowley Hearne) | Special Counsel|
|1989 – 2003||Allens | Special Counsel (final role)|