Neil is an experienced lawyer and registered migration agent with expertise in immigration, commercial, and government/administrative law matters. Prior to joining Keypoint, Neil was a Consultant at Kemp Strang Lawyers (now Thomson Geer).
Before returning to private practice, Neil held senior legal roles with the Department of Home Affairs managing the Government’s immigration litigation case load, including its High Court test caseload, and heading its internal immigration advisings area dealing with difficult cases. Earlier in his career, Neil was with Clayton Utz and prior to that, an Associate to the Hon Justice WMC Gummow of the High Court of Australia.
Neil’s clients include wealthy private individuals and small to medium enterprises seeking to position themselves and advance in the Australian market, to whom he provides immigration advice and services. Neil frequently assists existing and start-up businesses to enable their key personnel to work in Australia and is experienced in advising on skilled and business visas.
Neil also advises and assists in general migration visa classes including student, partner and family.
Neil can be contacted on +61 2 8035 5200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corporate migration advisory, including the making of subclass 482 (Temporary Skill Shortage) and subclass 400 (Short Stay Specialist) sponsorship, nomination and visa applications to meet your Australian workforce demands.
- Business and investment visa advisory for high wealth individuals wishing to settle in Australia, including the making of subclass 188 (Business Innovation) visas and subclass 132 (Business Talent) visas.
- Advising and assisting a UK technology company to obtain work visas for its senior executive staff to establish an Australian arm of the company.
- Immigration advisor to John McAslan & Partners, a UK architectural firm in relation to the Sydney Central Station Redevelopment.
- Several successful submissions to the Minister for Home Affairs seeking Ministerial intervention for the grant of visas in cases of legal and other errors.
- Responsible for the management of the Australian Government’s refugee and migration litigation caseload, and legal advising to departmental officers in the Department of Immigration and Citizenship portfolio (now the Department of Home Affairs).
- Advisor to the Chief Lawyer of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- Advisor to the then Minister for Immigration and Border Protection on the legal and compensatory rectification of unlawful detention cases.
- Conduct of large commercial litigation in the Supreme Court of NSW in the areas of insolvency, contractual disputes and misleading and deceptive conduct.
|2018||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2017 – 2018||Kemp Strang Lawyers | Consultant|
|2014 – 2016||Peters Linnette Lawyers | Senior Solicitor|
|2012 – 2014||Department of Immigration and Border Protection | Assistant Director|
|2010 – 2011||Department of Immigration and Citizenship | Acting Director|
|2006 – 2010||Department of Immigration and Citizenship | Senior Legal Officer|
|2006||Department of Environment and Heritage | Policy Office|
|2005 – 2006||Clayton Utz | Solicitor|
|2003 – 2005||High Court of Australia | Associate to the Hon Justice WMC Gummow AC|
|2003||Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs | Legal Officer|