Michael is a commercial and insurance lawyer with over 20 years’ in practice. He provides his clients with a “whole of business” perspective, bringing together aspects of law as diverse as international trade, insurance, contract negotiation, corporate governance and consumer regulation.
Michael’s practice has an international focus. Many of his clients are either Australian businesses that operate around the world, or foreign businesses trading in Australia.
Michael’s aim is to add value to his clients’ business, whether that means assisting them create the legal structures and agreements that will enable them to execute their business strategies or helping them to resolve their dispute with another business. Each matter is unique and require an individual approach to provide the best outcome that can be achieved for the client.
- Commercial contracts of all types
- establishment of new businesses in Australia
- Advising on contracts for clients trading internationally
- Corporate structures and governance
- Insurance claims management, including public liability, professional indemnity, employment practices, aviation and marine
- Insurance advisory
Dispute resolution / international arbitration
- Large and complex litigation in all courts, including strata titles, building and construction, and Corporations Act
- International arbitration, including enforcement of international awards
|2004 – 2015||Curwoods Lawyers | Special Counsel|
|1987 – 2004||Previous positions with Levingstons, Pigott Stinson, and P. W. Smyth King|