Lora is a corporate and commercial lawyer with 15 years’ experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, major infrastructure and ICT projects, commercial contracts and government services. She also advises private and public companies, government and NFPs on corporate governance issues, with a particular focus on information governance (data protection, privacy, intellectual property and ICT).
In 2019, Lora was listed in peer-reviewed ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ list for Commercial Law, Government Practice, Information Technology Law, and Privacy and Data Security Law.
Prior to joining Keypoint Law, Lora held senior positions at Ashurst and Clayton Utz; she has worked in Canberra, Sydney, Dublin and Tokyo, including secondments to the Japanese ‘sogo shoshas’ Mitsui and Sojitz.
Lora is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, has sat on the boards of several not-for-profit organisations and holds an AGSM MBA (Executive), with Excellence.
Lora can be contacted on +61 2 6188 5400 or by email at email@example.com.
- Commercial contracts – consultancy agreements, supply contracts, service contracts, employment contracts, agency and distribution contracts, confidentiality agreements, standard form contracts
- Corporate law / corporate governance – incorporation, directors’ duties, management of board and general meetings, company secretarial obligations, listing requirements, disclosure obligations, share capital reductions
- Data Protection and Privacy – privacy policies, privacy impact assessments, privacy audits, confidentiality, security, secrecy
- ICT – software development, cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), GITC5, e-commerce, cookie policies, online terms and conditions, end user license agreements
- Intellectual Property – ownership, licensing, transfer, copyright, know how, patents
- Government Law – statutory interpretation, administrative law, public sector financial management and accountability requirements, Public Service Act obligations, funding agreements, records management, freedom of information, secrecy
- Government Procurement and Contracting – project governance, developing tender documentation (request documentation, statement of requirement, performance management framework, evaluation plan, probity plan, risk management plan), risk assessment, clarification questions, tenderer briefings, tender evaluation, contract negotiation, contract management, probity and policy compliance, panel arrangements
- Mergers and Acquisitions – due diligence, private share sales, business and asset sales, public company takeovers, schemes of arrangement, cross-border mergers, corporate group restructuring, MBOs
- Major Projects – joint venture agreements, joint development agreements, subscription and shareholders agreements, memoranda of understanding, offtake agreements, construction contracts, funding arrangements
- Undertook privacy impact assessments for high-profile ICT projects implemented by the Department of Human Services and the Australian Taxation Office, such as the introduction and upgrade of the myGov whole-of-government portal, and the introduction of the myTax Streamlined Individual Income Tax Return.
- Advised the Department of Defence on their multi-billion dollar procurements of Terrestrial Communications and Centralised Processing Services, and on the implementation of its $500 million contract for Defence Force Recruiting Services, including renegotiation of the performance management framework.
- Negotiated amendments to the Australian Taxation Office’s ICT outsourcing agreements for end user technology, enterprise management, centralised computing and telecommunications services.
- Advised the Department of Health on procurements of essential vaccines under the National Immunisation Program and of Faecal Occult Blood Tests for the bowel cancer screening program, and negotiation of funding agreements for the Flexible Funds Program.
- Undertook privacy reviews and prepared APP-compliant privacy policies for several Commonwealth agencies including the Grains Research and Development Corporation, Fisheries Research and Development Corporation and Comcare.
- Advised the Department of Communications on its procurement of voice and video conferencing carriage services, on its contract for gateway services, and on funding agreements under the Digital Enterprise and Digital Hubs Programs.
- Advised WestLB AG on its divestment of a €77 billion portfolio of assets (including shares in WestLB Covered Bond Bank plc and WestLB Ireland plc) to a German ‘bad bank’.
- Advised Henkel Ireland Limited on its corporate group reorganisation, implemented through a series of court-sanctioned cross-border mergers.
- Advised State Street Corporation on the €57 million acquisition of Bank of Ireland Asset Management and Bank of Ireland Unit Trust Managers.
- Advised Eli Lilly and Company on its €120 million acquisition of a portfolio of assets, including a vaccine manufacturing facility in Sligo, from Pfizer.
- Advised An Post on its MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) joint venture with Vodafone Ireland.
- Advised Towercom Holdings Limited on its €155 million acquisition of eircom plc’s mast tower business.
- Advised Brown Thomas on its disposal of A-Wear limited to management backed by Alchemy Partners.
- Advised the shareholders of Kayfoam Woolfson on the company’s acquisition by FL Partners, following a competitive bidding process.
- Advised Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited and Barry’s Tea on the multi-million euro deal to form Valeo Foods.
- Advised Swiss Post on its acquisition of FMC Insights Ltd, a private Irish company which specialises in IT-based marketing solutions in the customer retention (loyalty marketing) field.
- Advised Payzone plc on its debt and share capital restructuring with Duke Street Capital and its banking syndicate.
- Advised Arnotts Limited on its proposed €750 million Northern Quarter Redevelopment Project, and subsequent takeover by Anglo Irish Bank and Ulster Bank.
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation on engineering, procurement and construction contracts for the Port Dickson, Tanjung Bin and Prai Power Projects in Malaysia.
- Advised Sojitz Corporation on joint venture for the construction of wind-powered electricity generation facilities in Japan, on the acquisition of interests in a floating platform storage and offloading facility, and a mobile offshore production unit, both off Indonesia, and on a long-term contract for the bulk purchase of woodchips from an Australian supplier.
- Advised Japan Bank for International Cooperation and Mizuho Corporate Bank on corporate aspects of the US$200 million financing of Santos Limited’s participation in the Bayu Undan Project.
- Advised Mitsui & Co Ltd on a long-term supply and maintenance contract for specialised heavy equipment with a South African state-owned enterprise.
- Listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in Australia for:
- 2019: Commercial Law, Government Practice, Information Technology Law, and Privacy and Data Security Law
- 2018: Government Practice, Information Technology Law and Privacy and Data Security Law
- 2017: Privacy and Data Security Law
- 2016: Privacy and Data Security Law
- 2015: Information Technology Law, and Privacy and Data Security Law
- 2014: Government Practice
- Co-author of Irish chapter of Greene, D. (ed), “Shareholder Claims”, Jordans, 2012.
|2014||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2013 – 2014||HWL Ebsworth (Canberra) | Special Counsel|
|2012 – 2013||Clayton Utz (Canberra) | Special Counsel|
|2007 – 2012||Matheson (Dublin) | Senior Associate|
|2003 – 2006||Ashurst (Tokyo and Sydney) | Senior Associate|
|2002 – 2003||Sojitz (Tokyo) | In-house counsel, on secondment from Ashurst|
|2000 – 2002||Ashurst (Canberra) | Graduate, then Lawyer|
|2000||Admitted to practice|