Liza is a family lawyer with over 20 years of experience.
She was formerly a Barrister practising in most areas of the law since 2010. Her varied practice has seen her represent many clients and appear in a range of Courts and Tribunals, including Local/Magistrates, District, Supreme and Appellate Courts as well as Family and Federal Courts. Liza regularly conducts her own trials and can appear in any family law application or hearing.
Prior to being called to the Bar, Liza was admitted as a solicitor in 2003 and worked as a general practitioner in the Hunter Valley in NSW, as a family law solicitor on the Gold Coast and as a litigation solicitor in Sydney.
Liza has recently completed her training to be an NMAS Accredited Mediator.
Liza understands the mental pressures faced by clients going through a separation and wants her clients to feel empowered at the end of the process. Liza utilises her mediation expertise to give parties the opportunity to take control and regain that power.
Liza Joined Keypoint in 2023 and is based in Brisbane.
- Family Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Courtroom Advocacy
- Family Law Property Settlements
- Urgent Injunctions
- Complex property or financial matters
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Parenting matters
- Relocation Cases and Recovery Orders
- Domestic and Family Violence Issues
- Family Provision Claims
- Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws (BEcon/LLB)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW 2003
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia 2005
- First Call to the NSW Bar 2010
- Master of Laws UQ (Current)
- Graduate Certificate in Dispute Resolution (Current)
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- NMAS Accredited Mediator
|2023||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2022 – 2023||Arbon Legal Group | Partner (final role)|
|2021 – 2022||FEDOROV Family Lawyers | Special Counsel|
|2017 – 2021||Barrister at Law | Barrister|
|2010 – 2017||Frederick Jordan Chambers | Barrister|
|2008 – 2010||Redmond Hale Solicitors | Solicitor|
|2005 – 2008||Robbins Watson Solicitors | Solicitor|
|2003 – 2005||Scone Legal | Solicitor|