Kevin is an accredited specialist in wills & estates law (and has been since 2016) with expertise across estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation. Kevin has a Master of Laws majoring in wills and estates (during which he won the de Groots Prize for best graduating student in wills & estates) and a Diploma of Financial Service (Financial Planning).
Prior to joining Keypoint Melbourne, Kevin was a Senior Associate in the Wills & Estates team of a highly regarded national firm. Kevin assists his clients across the field, from standard wills to developing sound and astute estate planning solutions for individuals with highly complex asset structures. Kevin thrives on preparing customised solutions to provide optimal outcomes for his clients and their beneficiaries. Kevin routinely deals with multiple parties in administering deceased estates and works with stakeholders to bring about practical cost-effective solutions to complex issues.
Kevin strives to ensure that his clients clearly understand their options, providing sound recommendations and practical guidance to help them make complex and often difficult decisions.
- preparation of wills incorporating various types of testamentary trusts (discretionary trusts, rights to reside, life interests, superannuation proceeds trusts, protective trusts)
- appointment of medical treatment decision makers
- body and burial rights
- deeds of family arrangements
- estate administration
- estate litigation
- guardianship and administration
- insolvent estates
- intestate estates
- letters of administration (intestacy)
- memo of wishes
- powers of attorney with appropriate conditions and limitations
- special disability trusts
- superannuation and death benefit nominations
- variations of trusts
- complex binding death benefit nominations
- farm succession planning and structures
Recognised by the Law Institute of Victoria as an Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law
Graduate Fellow of the College of Law – awarded a Masters of Law (Applied Law), majoring in Wills and Estates.
Committee member, Succession Law Committee – Law Institute of Victoria
|2021||Keypoint Law (Melbourne) | Consulting Principal|
|2020-2021||Macpherson Kelley Lawyers |Senior Associate|
|2019 –2020||Burke & Associates Lawyers, Armadale|Senior Associate|
|2017-2019||Tucker Partners Legal, Melbourne |Lawyer|
|2015-2017||Sandhurst Trustees Limited, Bendigo |Deceased Estates Manager|
|2012-2013||State Trustees Limited, Bendigo Office| Solicitor – Will Writer|
|2011-2012||O’Beirne Law, Ballarat | Solicitor|
|2010-2011||VicSuper, Bendigo Advice Centre | Trainee Superannuation Adviser|
|2008-2010||Arnold Dallas McPherson – Solicitors, Bendigo | Solicitor|