Catherine has over 25 years’ experience in construction and infrastructure law, advising on major construction projects and acting in and resolving construction disputes.
Catherine acts for principals, consultants, project managers, contractors, superintendents and specialist subcontractors across a variety of projects and contentious matters. Her experience includes litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, as well as advising on project delivery, contract drafting and administration, and contract risks.
She also has significant experience in security of payment disputes and advising various industry participants (including insolvency practitioners) on strategic use of rights for recovering outstanding payments under construction contracts.
Catherine contributed to the 3rd and 4th editions of Construction Law in Australia.
She is admitted to the High Court and the Supreme Court of Victoria, and is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society, and the Society of Construction Law Australia.
Catherine has been recognised by Best Lawyers and Doyle’s Guide for her expertise Construction and Infrastructure, particularly at the “back end”.
She joined Keypoint in 2023 and is based in Melbourne.
- Construction and Infrastructure Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Hons), University of Melbourne;
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia;
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria;
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society;
- Member of the Society of Construction Law Australia;
- Recognised by Best Lawyers in Australia for Construction & Infrastructure Law (since 2019), Alternative Dispute Resolution (since 2023) and Litigation (2024); and
- Doyle’s Guide Recommended Leading Construction and Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer (Victoria) – 2019, 2022 and 2023.
|2023||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2020 – 2023||KHQ Lawyers | Principal Solicitor|
|2016 – 2020||Colin Biggers & Paisley | Partner|
|2013 – 2016||Cornwall Stodart | Partner|
|2011 – 2013||Herbert Geer | Special Counsel|
|2005 – 2011||Holding Redlich | Special Counsel (final role)|
|2003 – 2005||Sparke Helmore | Senior Associate|
|1997 – 2003||Baker McKenzie | Senior Associate|