Allison is a highly experienced insurance and dispute resolution lawyer with over a decade of private practice experience. She is experienced in insurance indemnity/coverage disputes and also acts in the defence of personal injury, general liability, professional indemnity and management liability claims across a wide range of sectors.
Allison is trusted by her clients for her technical skills, commercial acumen and her ability to quickly get to the crux of matters. She has particular experience managing sensitive claims, including claims for psychiatric injuries and abuse, fatal injuries and asbestos-related diseases. Allison prides herself on providing early and accurate advice in relation to claim exposures and is proactive in achieving the early resolution of disputes. Her qualifications in science and law also mean that she brings a scientific understanding to managing health-related claims.
Allison’s expertise includes:
Insurance: Allison can advise and act in a broad range of insurance related matters, including the availability and extent of insurance coverage across the range of insurance products, claims notifications, double insurance and the allocation of insured and uninsured liabilities.
Personal Injury/General Liability: Allison acts for insured and uninsured parties in the defence of the full range of personal injury claims, including catastrophic injuries, psychiatric injury claims and claims for dust diseases nationally. Allison also pursues contribution/recovery claims and defends recovery actions under workers compensation statutory schemes. She is also experienced in product liability, property damage and building and construction disputes.
Professional Liability: Allison is experienced in the defence of professional negligence claims, including against healthcare professionals, statutory authorities, real estate agents and business brokers, gymnasiums, auditors and property valuers. Allison is also experienced in the defence of disciplinary investigations and proceedings.
Management Liability: Allison is experienced in the defence of a range of management liability claims.
- Insurance law
- Personal injury
- Product liability
- Property damage
- Professional liability
- Management Liability
- Dispute resolution
- Acting for schools and institutions in personal injury claims made by students and other community members, including psychiatric injury claims for bullying, harassment and sexual abuse
- Advising building contractors on common law damages claims and recovery proceedings issued by authorities
- Defending the former manufacturers of asbestos-containing products against personal injury claims nationally and pursuing contribution/recovery claims
- Acting for health practitioners in notifications made to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Defending a statutory authority in a class action brought by women who contracted hepatitis C at a medical facility as a result of the criminal actions of their anaesthetist
- Acting for professional indemnity insurers in personal injury claims against real estate agents, property managers and sports and gym facilities
- Defending professional negligence claims against auditors and property valuers
- Advising a professional indemnity insurer about a double insurance claim made by its insured’s public liability insurer on underlying damages and recovery proceedings following catastrophic injuries to a worker on a construction site
- Advising management liability insurers on the operation of a major shareholder exclusion, and on the allocation of insured and uninsured parts of a claim for breach of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct
|2020 – present||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2018-2020||Wotton + Kearney | Partner|
|2014-2018||Wotton + Kearney | Senior Associate/Special Counsel|
|2010-2014||Norton Rose Fulbright | Senior Associate/Associate
|2008||Qualified as a solicitor|