Adeline is an Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law in New South Wales, with extensive experience developing comprehensive and practical estate plans that suit the individual circumstances of her clients. Prior to joining Keypoint Law as a Consulting Principal, Adeline was a Senior Associate in the Wills and Estates team of a large prominent suburban firm.
Adeline is adept at advising clients on matters including the implementation of wills (particularly sophisticated testamentary trust wills), powers of attorney and enduring guardianships, superannuation death benefit nominations and properly gifting the control of entities (including private companies and/or trusts) to the appropriate person(s) in the event of death and/or incapacity. Adeline can also assist clients in relation to the administration of a deceased persons’ estate and regularly advises clients in relation to retirement village contracts and aged care agreements.
Adeline is passionate about obtaining peace of mind for her clients in relation to their estate planning and elder law needs, and regularly presents seminars to other solicitors, professionals and to members of the public in the area of wills, estates and elder law. Her approach is underpinned by her commitment to achieving peace of mind for her clients in relation to their wills, estate planning and elder law needs. She has a “no-nonsense” style to advising clients in all aspects of wills, estates and elder law and her attention to detail is exemplary. Adeline takes a holistic approach to estate planning and works closely with her client’s other advisors (accountants, financial planners etc.) to best achieve her client’s objectives.
Adeline can be contacted on +61 2 8035 5200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drafting both simple and sophisticated tailored Wills (incorporating testamentary trusts, special disability trusts and protective trusts, where required).
- Providing options and solutions to clients in relation to their particular circumstances, including where there is a blended family, a child with special needs, asset protection issues and taxation and/or pension considerations.
- Drafting simple and complex incapacity documents (including powers of attorney, appointments of enduring guardian and advanced care directives (or “living wills”).
- Reviewing and advising on Superannuation Death Benefit Nominations (public funds and self-managed superannuation funds).
- Reviewing, advising and amending company constitutions and/or trust deeds from an estate planning perspective.
- Advising on potential claims against a will maker’s estate and providing solutions on ways to attempt to prevent a successful challenge.
- Advising and assisting clients with the administration of a deceased persons’ estate.
- Advising and assisting clients with their entry into a retirement village including organising settlement and reviewing the relevant lease or loan/license agreement.
- Advising and assisting clients (or their family members) with their entry into a residential aged care facility.
- Recognised by the Law Society of NSW as an Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law.
- Recognised by the Doyle’s Guide 2017 as a ‘Rising Star’ in the area of Wills, Estates and Succession Law.
- Affiliate member of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Graduate Fellow of the College of Law – awarded a Masters of Law (Applied Law), with Distinction, majoring in Wills and Estates.
- Committee Member of the Elder Law, Capacity and Succession Committee of the Law Society of NSW.
- Committee Member of the St George – Sutherland Regional Law Society, and Chair of their Elder Law, Capacity and Succession Law Sub-Committee.