Commercial law firm, Keypoint Law, continues its steady climb through the mid-tier of the Australian legal market.
“This calendar year has been our best yet for principal-level appointments” said Keypoint’s CEO, Warren Kalinko.
In the first four months of the year, Keypoint made 7 principal-level appointments, with the firm now boasting 45 senior lawyers and offering legal services across 23 practice areas.
“In particular, we’ve been encouraged by the growth of our Melbourne team. Melbourne has been a difficult market to break into and we’ve been working hard at it for over 4 years. We have always been convinced that the issues facing partners in Melbourne are the same as those faced by partners in Sydney, and that the firm’s model would appeal equally in both places. Our Melbourne practice is finally starting to take shape” said Kalinko.
Keypoint has grown by 5 senior lawyers in Melbourne this calendar year, taking its principal-level numbers there to 12. This includes a new senior executive appointment based in Melbourne, to be announced in coming days.
Keypoint’s growth caps a solid year, during which the firm was appointed to the Commonwealth Government’s legal panel and was awarded ‘Medium Law Firm of the Year’ by the Law Institute of Victoria.
Looking ahead, Keypoint’s CEO said: “Keypoint is well placed to weather the Covid19 storm. Fundamentally, Keypoint’s offering, both to clients and to law firm partners, is compelling; and we expect to see continued rapid growth this calendar year”.
About Keypoint Law
- Established in 2014.
- An award-winning firm driving transformation in the legal profession, rehumanising how the law is practised.
- Our firm of 45 senior lawyers provides legal services across 23 practice areas from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, and Brisbane.
- The firm’s recognition includes:
- ‘Medium Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2019 Victorian Legal Awards;
- Winner ‘Innovative Firms’ 2019, Australasian Lawyer
- ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Australian Law Awards;
- recognition of its lawyers in peer-reviewed ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ 2020, across 17 practice areas.