Mid-tier law firm, Keypoint Law, has underscored its Melbourne growth strategy by appointing Melbourne-based senior lawyer Kim Adey to its executive team.
Kim joins Keypoint from global law firm Fragomen, which provides immigration law services primarily to the Fortune500.
Kim’s role at Fragoman was Assistant General Counsel Asia Pacific, reporting directly to the Global General Counsel based in New Jersey USA and working closely with the Global Managing Partner and Regional Managing Partners on initiatives and projects.
Prior to her General Counsel position, Kim’s roles included:
- Blakes (now Ashurst) – where she was a Solicitor;
- Freehills – where she was a Senior Associate;
- Australian Government Solicitor – where she worked as a Senior Lawyer;
- DLA Phillips Fox – where Kim was Special Counsel; and
- Fragomen – where Kim was Practice Leader for Canberra.
Keypoint’s CEO Warren Kalinko commented:
“Kim brings to the role a fantastic combination of expertise and experience. Her decade of being a client-facing private practice solicitor, her subsequent General Counsel experience, and her deep understanding of how large law firms operate, position her superbly for this role”.
Kim’s mandate covers three areas:
- growth – in terms of client attraction and partner recruitment;
- the general counsel function; and
- corporate development – supporting the firm’s drive for continuous improvement.
Kim Adey commented:
“I am excited about taking on this new role at such an important time in Keypoint’s growth. I’m looking forward to working closely with the consulting principals and the Keypoint team to capitalise on the firm’s existing strengths and to build on the opportunities for future expansion in Melbourne.”
Kim’s appointment brings the firm’s Melbourne team to 12 principal-level lawyers, with further appointments in Melbourne to be announced soon.
About Keypoint Law
- Established in 2014.
- An award-winning firm driving transformation in the legal profession, rehumanising how the law is practised.
- Our firm of 45 senior lawyers provides legal services across 23 practice areas from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, and Brisbane.
- The firm’s recognition includes:
- ‘Medium Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2019 Victorian Legal Awards;
- Winner ‘Innovative Firms’ 2019, Australasian Lawyer
- ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Australian Law Awards;
- recognition of its lawyers in peer-reviewed ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ 2020, across 17 practice areas.