Keypoint Law is trending well on two key metrics, according to research recently released by consultancy firm, Alpha Creates.
The metrics are:
- the proportion of women partners* attracted to our firm; and
- our rate of partner* recruitment.
In relation to the former, Alpha Creates states:
“Thirty-four percent of the 197 partners who switched firms in FY20 are women. Their top destinations were Mills Oakley and Keypoint Law”.
In relation to partner* recruitment, Alpha Creates provides:
“Top 5 firms that have actively poached partners in the last 5 years:
- Mills Oakley (13)
- Kingstone Reid (9)
- Keypoint Law (8)
- Johnson Winter & Slattery (8)
- Baker McKenzie (8)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (12)
- Mills Oakley (11)
- Keypoint Law (11)
- Sparke Helmore (10)
- DLA Piper (7)
- DWF (7)
- Macpherson Kelly (7)”
Keypoint’s CEO, Warren Kalinko, commented:
“Being a modern, progressive law firm, there is no glass ceiling or gender pay gap here. Our female Consulting Principals constitute 43% of our total Consulting Principals, almost twice the industry average. Notably, our merit-based approach extends to our remuneration structure, which is equitable and makes no distinction for gender, age or tenure. Undoubtedly, these factors help explain why we are doing well attracting talented women lawyers to our firm.”
* Note: Keypoint Law is an incorporated legal practice, not a partnership. Our Consulting Principals are not partners, but are equivalent in seniority to partners.
About Keypoint Law
- Established in 2014.
- An award-winning firm driving transformation in the legal profession, rehumanising how the law is practised.
- Our firm of 45 senior lawyers provides legal services across 23 practice areas from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, and Brisbane.
- The firm’s recognition includes:
- Finalist for ‘Law Firm of the Year (1-100 lawyers)’ in the 2020 Australasian Law Awards;
- ‘Medium Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2019 Victorian Legal Awards;
- Winner ‘Innovative Firms’ 2020 and 2019, Australasian Lawyer
- ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Australian Law Awards;
- recognition of its lawyers in peer-reviewed ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ 2020, across 17 practice areas.