Warwick specialises in corporate law, managed funds, financial services regulation and equity capital markets, including capital raisings and ASX listings, corporate restructuring, listed and unlisted managed investment schemes, real estate investment trusts (REITS), the regulation and conduct of financial markets and mergers and acquisitions of businesses.
He brings to his clients a wealth of experience in corporate law, financial services regulation and equity capital markets, along with a strong commercial understanding of the business issues affecting the finance sector. This includes more than 30 years’ experience gained both as a partner in private practice and as a senior corporate in-house counsel. Warwick has direct experience in the finance sector and the financial markets gained in his role with Westpac Banking Corporation both as a specialist adviser and as leader of a team advising on issues affecting the Bank’s business at its corporate core.
Warwick has acted for both issuers and investment banks in public offerings and private placements of company securities and interests in managed funds and has acted for clients in mergers, acquisitions and restructurings. He is experienced in arranging placements of securities and convertible equity investments and restructuring of those investments.
Warwick has also advised the ASX on complex matters relating to the trading, clearing and settlement of securities, including reviewing and drafting the clearing and settlement rules of the exchange. He is the Principal Author of a major online publication providing commentary on the ASX Listing Rules.
Prior to joining Keypoint Law, Warwick was a corporate, capital markets, property funds and financial services partner at Allens Arthur Robinson, DLA Piper and Mills Oakley for over 18 years.
Warwick can be contacted on +61 2 8035 5200 or by email at email@example.com.
- Advising a Hong Kong investor on the acquisition of interests in Australian property development projects and an Australian food business.
- Advising a syndicate of Chinese investors on their bid for the acquisition of the Kidman cattle business.
- Advising AFMA on the transfer of administration of the BBSW benchmark to ASX.
- Advising Blackstone Group on its $341 million acquisition of Top Ryde Shopping Centre from a syndicate of lenders and on the acquisition of a number of major commercial buildings.
- Advising Heitman International LLC and the National Pension Fund of Korea on a $1 billion industrial real estate acquisition and development joint venture in Australia with ASX listed real estate group DEXUS.
- Advising a number of Australian and international fund managers on the establishment of managed investment schemes for investments under the Australian Government’s Significant Investor Visa program.
- Advising Atlantic Limited on approximately $140 million in working capital fundraising to support its mining operations, including the placement of convertible bonds to major shareholder Droxford International.
- Advising Macquarie Media Group on its $900 million stapled securities IPO.
- Advising Mirvac on the $241 million IPO of James Fielding US Industrial Trust.
- Advising Hutchison Telecommunications on its $600 million rights issue of convertible notes.
- Advising the administrator and liquidator of Lift Capital in relation to securities and derivatives issues associated with the insolvency of Lift Capital.
- Recognised in ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ for his expertise in Corporate Law and Equity Capital Markets.
- Principal Author of the Lexis Nexis on-line publication “Annotations to the ASX Listing Rules”.
- Participant in ASIC issues consultation group for the Property Council of Australia.
|2018||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2013 – 2018||Mills Oakley | Partner|
|2011 – 2013||DLA Piper | Partner|
|2000 – 2011||Allens Arthur Robinson | Partner|
|1997 – 2000||Allens Arthur Robinson | Senior Associate|
|1991 – 1997||Westpac | Head of Corporate and Institutional Legal|
|1983 – 1991||Legal Counsel|