Rupert has two decades of experience as a commercial litigator, and joined Keypoint from national firm Turner Freeman where he was a partner and head of the Commercial Litigation division. Earlier in his career, Rupert worked at Citigroup as legal counsel for its stockbroking arm Citi Smith Barney. Rupert’s practice covers a broad spectrum of disputes, including those involving contracts, corporations law, competition and consumer law, and bankruptcy; with an additional sub-specialisation in the health and financial services sectors.
Litigation regarding the following types of disputes:
- Consumer Law; and
Industries of Practice
- Health (10 years).
- Finance (17 years).
- Acting for an ASX-listed entity in many contractual disputes it had with health professionals.
- Acting for an ASX-listed entity in relation to $3 million improperly taken from client.
- Acting for many health professionals in response to investigations being conducted pursuant to the Health Insurance Act 1973 (Cth).
- Acting against directors of an ASX-listed entity to recover $13 million loan shortfall.
- Defending stockbroking firm in relation to $20 million claim brought by seven plaintiffs.
|2016||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2009 – 2016||Turner Freeman Lawyers | Partner (2012-2018)|
|2007 – 2009||Citigroup | Legal Counsel|
|2005 – 2007||Paul Bard Lawyers | Solicitor, then Senior Lawyer|
|2003 – 2005||Holman Webb Lawyers | Solicitor|
|2001 – 2003||Colin Biggers & Paisley | Solicitor|