Michele has over 13 years of experience as a wills and estates lawyer specialising in succession and elder law.
Her areas of specialty include complex wills, including testamentary discretionary trusts, enduring powers of attorney, holistic and bespoke estate planning, collaborative practice, grants of probate and grants of letters of administration.
Michele prides herself on being clear, kind, approachable and thoughtful in her advice to clients. She is focused on inspiring and guiding clients through lots of considerations about their personal matters in order to secure peace of mind for those that matter.
Michele is also a PhD Candidate (Succession Law) with the Australian Centre for Health Law Research at the Queensland University of Technology.
Michele joined Keypoint Law in 2023 and services all of Queensland.
- Wills & Estates
- Succession Law
- Elder Law
- complex wills, including testamentary discretionary trusts with tailored clauses and strategies;
- complex and considered enduring powers of attorney (EPA);
- holistic and bespoke estate planning advice and strategies that deal effectively with blended family needs, company structures, business interests, superannuation interests or other unique aspects;
- standard wills and enduring powers of attorney with plain language drafting;
- estate planning with special needs or vulnerable parties, including aged care and disability considerations; and
- grants of probate and grants of letters of administration.
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide – Wills & Estates, 2023
- Councillor, Queensland Law Society Executive Council, 2022 – Current
- Chair, Committee of Governance, Queensland Law Society, 2022 – Current
- Deputy Chair, Committee of Management, Queensland Law Society, 2022 – Current
- Member, Executive Committee, Queensland Law Society, 2022 – Current
- Member, Ethics Committee, Queensland Law Society, 2022 – Current
- Member, Supreme Court of Queensland Library Committee, 2022- Current (appointed by The Honourable Chief Justice Helen Bowskill).
- Member, Wills & Estates College of Law Course Advisory Committee, 2021 – Current
- Member, Estate Planning College of Law Course Advisory Committee, 2021 – Current
- STEP Academic Community, 2019 – Current
- Queensland Law Society Wellbeing Columnist, 2020 – Current
- Founder & Manager, Australian Succession & Elder Lawyers Group, 2012 – Current
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (succession law), Australian Centre for Health Law Research, QUT, Current
- Nationally Accredited Mediator, College of Law
- Collaborative Practice (Core & Advanced) for Wills & Estates training
- Masters of Laws (Applied Law), majoring in Wills & Estates, College of Law
- Admitted to High Court of Australia
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Queensland
|2023||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2021 – 2023||Vitality Law Australia | Special Counsel|
|2020 – 2022||Inspire Estate Law & Mediation | Legal Practice Director|
|2018 – 2020||Wilson Lawyers | Head of Succession & Elder Law|