Mark has more than 30 years’ experience in the areas of insolvency, commercial disputes and litigation. He has acted for many of Australia’s largest organisations, including listed companies, banks, large private companies, and government bodies both at the State and Commonwealth level. Mark has also represented a wide variety of Australia’s insolvency practitioners in corporate and bankruptcy insolvency matters. Prior to joining Keypoint, Mark was a senior partner at DibbsBarker.
Mark is known for providing advice for value and works hard to achieve practical and commercial outcomes for his clients.
- Commercial litigation
- Regulatory disputes
- Risk management
- Corporate administrations
- Debt recovery
- Work health & safety
- Acted for the liquidators in the leading decision on retrospective orders in Voluntary Administrations (Australasian Memory), ultimately decided by the High Court of Australia.
- Acted for the liquidators of two large national retail clothing chains.
- Acted for commercial property owner regarding successful termination of a joint venture agreement before the NSW Supreme Court and Court of Appeal
- Acting for various beneficiaries or trustees of unit trusts and discretionary trusts over sale of trust assets and trustee duties
- Acting for liquidator and receiver of substantial unit trusts in a corporate pub group collapse.
- Acting for various liquidators on insolvent trading claims against directors each valued at more than $4mil
- Acting in the Federal Court of Australia for the UK manufacturer of a tethered airship following its collapse at Uluru.
- Acting for the executor of a substantial deceased estate in litigation brought against the estate by the deceased’s sister regarding claims over various corporate assets.
- Acting for the Administrator of a copra product manufacturer in Australia
- Acting for a wholesaler of agricultural drone products regarding alleged defect claims
- Acting for the liquidators of a Hunter Valley not-for-profit Foundation regarding the distribution of the Foundation’s charitable fund
- Acting for the Australian manufacturer of solar energy products regarding various claims from distributors
Mark was recognised in the Australian Financial Review’s ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ 2021 for expertise in Insolvency and Reorganizations Law.
Mark has been recognised as a leading lawyer in the Asia-Pacific region by Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500 and AsiaLaw.
Mark has been named as a leading insolvency and restructuring lawyer by Doyles Guide since 2018.
He is an Accredited Mediator under the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System.
Mark is a member of:
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- The Australian Reconstruction Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- The Law Society of New South Wales and NSW Supreme Court mediator panels
- The Resolution Institute of Australia.
|2018||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|1988 – 2018||Dibbs Barker (previously Barker Gosling)|
|2009 – 2018||Dibbs Barker | Risk Management Partner|
|1997 – 2018||Dibbs Barker | Partner, Insolvency; Disputes & Litigation|
|1994 – 1997||Dibbs Barker | Senior Associate|
|1988 – 1994||Dibbs Barker | Lawyer, Associate|