Julie is a dual French and Australian qualified lawyer with extensive experience advising Australian and foreign corporations on their investments and operations in Australia and the Pacific region, including New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea. Prior to joining Keypoint, Julie was the Managing Director of Brisbane-based Océanie Lawyers, and before that, was a partner at Holding Redlich. Earlier in her career, Julie was a lawyer with Blake Dawson (now Ashurst).
With a specific focus on commercial and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, energy and resource projects, construction and tourism projects, Julie offers the French-English bilingual skills, and the specialist knowledge of French, Australian and Pacific Islands businesses and cultures necessary to meet the needs of French companies investing in Australia, and Australian and foreign companies investing in the Pacific region and French speaking markets around the world
Julie is also actively involved in the Australian, French and Pacific Island business communities. She is the Queensland Chapter Secretary and Federal Director of the French-Australian Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Australia Pacific Islands Business Council and the Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council.
Julie can be contacted on +61 2 3106 4700 or by email at email@example.com.
- General corporate and commercial law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Landowner negotiations
- Water, resources and energy
- French-English and English-French legal translations
- Advising a French agroscience company on the purchase of agroscience companies in Australia and New Zealand (including undertaking due diligence, negotiating the share sale agreement and completing the purchase) and related restructure.
- Assisting an Australian retail food brand franchisor with negotiation of the termination of a franchise agreement governed by Australian law with a New Caledonian franchisee.
- Drafting construction contracts in relation to Australian water infrastructure projects.
- Advising on corporate governance and compliance issues under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the ASX Listing Rules.
- Advising a world class financer in relation to the purchase of a major 5-star resort in French Polynesia.
- Advising a major company specializing in rubber surfaces for industrial operations on corporate matters regarding its operations in New Caledonia.
- Advising Australian individuals on the sale of shares in a New Caledonian gaskets, seals and associated products company including reviewing share sale and purchase deed, commercial lease and company conversion documentation.
- Drafting and advising on New Caledonian, Papua New Guinean and Solomon Islands’ purchase and sales terms and conditions for a significant machinery supplier.
- Advising a New Caledonian semi-governmental agency on management contracts to be entered into with a multinational operator regarding a hotel and resort in New Caledonia.
- Advising a multinational power and automation company on general commercial, contractual and employment issues in relation to its New Caledonian subsidiary.
- Advising a multinational engineering, architectural and environmental services company on a services contract to be entered into with a multinational mining company operating in New Caledonia.
- Advising a multinational engineering, project and construction management services company on general commercial, corporate contractual and employment issues in relation to its New Caledonian subsidiary.
- Advising an Australian multinational company on a construction project in New Caledonia including drafting a minor works contract.
- Advising a Papua New Guinean landowners’ group on mining compensation agreements to be entered into with a multinational mining company, including reviewing and drafting all relevant agreements.
- Advising a Malaysian company regarding the acquisition of shares in a Malaysian energy company with Papua New Guinean assets.
- Advising Papua New Guinean parties on setting up a joint venture between Fijian partners and Papua New Guinean partners in the tourism sector.
- Advising on corporate governance and compliance issues under the Companies Act 1997 (PNG) and the POMSoX Listing Rules.
- Advising a Canadian company on its merger with an Australian agribusiness company in relation to assets located in the Solomon Islands.
- Advising an Australian company on a mining project in the Solomon Islands, including land access and tenure issues.
- Advising a major Australian bank on the sale of its Vanuatu branch, including advising on land, employment and other legal issues.
- Advising a French multinational energy company in relation to its investment in a geothermal project in Vanuatu.
- Advising an Australian ASX listed company on its mining rights in Burkina Faso and reviewing the relevant mining documentation.
- Advising on the acquisition of properties in France and the incorporation of related real estate investment companies for Australian clients.
Julie has a Master of Laws from the University of Law, Economy and Sciences, Aix- Marseille France; a Master of Laws from the University Robert Schuman, Strasbourg, France; and a Master of Laws from the University of Wollongong, Australia.
|2019||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2018 – 2019||Oceanie Lawyers | Managing Director|
|2016 – 2018||Holding Redlich | Partner|
|2009 – 2016||Oceanie Lawyers | Managing Director|
|2009 – 2010||Gladstone Area Water Board | Corporate Counsel|
|2007 – 2008||Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) | Lawyer|
|2006 – 2007||Norman Waterhouse | Solicitor|
|2003 – 2004||Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) | Paralegal|