Iain is a corporate and commercial lawyer with diverse expertise across a range of industries including oil and gas, infrastructure, ports stevedoring and logistics, manufacturing, distribution, IT and telecommunications. He is admitted to practise as a solicitor in Australia, the UK and South Africa with over 19 years’ legal experience in commercial, project driven environments. Iain is accustomed to managing internal and outsourced relationships with a flexible, innovative and dynamic approach attuned to the commercial drivers of the business. He can lead negotiations, report at an executive level or pick through the finer commercial or operational details of the required services.
Iain can be contacted on +61 2 8035 5200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contract negotiation and drafting
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Projects
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Information Technology and Telecommunications (IT / ICT)
- Joint Venture Management
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Marine shipping and charter party
- Natural resources, Upstream, midstream Oil & Gas
- Product Liability
- Project Management and Execution
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Transportation and Logistics
- Various start-ups of technology and other products and services businesses operating from Australia or abroad including business structuring, marketing, financing, tax, risk mitigation, terms and conditions, policies and procedures, compliance, strategy and general commercial operations.
- Specialist Commercial Transactions: M&A (Domestic and International), sale of businesses, shareholder agreements, Partnership Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Commission Agreements, Licensing, IP and Technology etc.
- Mining joint ventures, construction and development activities.
- Commercial Property, warehousing and leasing.
- Lead commercial negotiator for exploitation of straddle and shuttle automation technology by a sale of shares, sale of IP assets, and outsourcing of essential support and maintenance activities.
- The successful renegotiation of a turnkey civil works contract for all onshore development and processing facilities (US$1B).
- Marine and aviation charter party tenders and agreements for operations in the North Caspian Sea, China and Australia, including FPSO conversion, operate & maintain contracts for both dynamically positioned and fixed moored installations.
- Drilling Rig tenders for MODU, Anchored Rigs, Jack-ups and Drillships together with ancillary service agreements for end to end operation for 5 separate campaigns.
- Legal advisor on exploration and development of world leading geothermal energy resources and power generation facilities in Australia.
- Various EPC/EPF, Project Engineering Services, FEED for developments offshore China and onshore Australia.
- Joint venture negotiations with PetroChina and CNOOC for offshore developments in China and amendments to Petroleum Sharing Agreements.
- Head of Legal supporting the commercial, technical and operational contract hurdles in Indonesia’s lead up to commercial launch of its 2G & 3G offering (US$1B).
- Project creation, outsourcing and contract management implementation of turnkey agreements relating to the acquisition, design, construction and outsourced operations and maintenance of a 3G radio access network in the Republic of Ireland (EUR 140 million).
- Commercial negotiations for the CTO (Commercial Technical & Operational) outsourcing of the UK mobile multimedia operations (GBP 1.1B).
- Various outsourced agreements for the management of Hutchison Whampoa’s commercial, retail and operational property portfolio, transmission, global document management IT Systems and supply agreements for a broad range of leading technology suppliers (BT, HP, Nokia, NEC, Ericsson, Siemens, Tata & LG).
- Published author – ITC precedents (Smokeball)
|2014||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2013 – 2014||MRC Global | Legal Director & Company Secretary APAC|
|2012 – 2013||Asciano Limited | Senior Legal Counsel|
|2011 – 2012||Geodynamics Limited | Consultant to the CEO and Joint Venture Manager|
|2007 – 2011||Roc Oil Company Limited | Legal Counsel / Group Contracts & Procurement Manager|
|2007||Eni International Resources Ltd | International Legal Counsel|
|2001 – 2007||Hutchison Whampoa Group’s | Legal Counsel|
|2000 – 2001||Orange | Legal Counsel|
|1999 – 2000||Shoosmiths | Fee Earner|
|1997 – 1999||Burmeisters Attorneys | Attorney|