Douglas has 22 years’ experience advising businesses on a broad range of commercial matters and transactions, with a particular focus on Australian companies looking to export or expand into the UK, and in supporting UK government export initiatives into the Australasian market. Douglas is dual qualified in both jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Keypoint, Douglas was a Consultant with Kemp Strang (now Thomson Geer) and before that, was a Co-Principal of a boutique corporate and commercial law firm. Douglas originally trained in London with commercial and banking practice Wilde & Partners.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial property
- Workplace relations
- General corporate and commercial agreements
- Intellectual property
- Business visas
- Dispute resolution
- Lead lawyer on ‘entry into market’ acquisition of Australian travel businesses by the UK’s leading cruise travel agency.
- Lead lawyer on the sale of the National Australian Testing Authority’s Australian and US subsidiary businesses to the British Standards Institute.
- Lead lawyer in the acquisition of two aviation training schools and associated aircraft, including CASA regulatory compliance.
- Senior member of SAE’s legal team in its disposal of 56 businesses across 24 countries, at a transaction value in excess of $300m.
- Senior team member and lead in the sale and acquisition of a wide range of leading Australian magazine titles, media and custom publishing businesses.
Douglas is a member of the British Australian Chamber of Commerce.
|2018||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2016 – 2018||Kemp Strang Lawyers | Consultant|
|2011 – 2016||Peter Linnette Lawyers | Managing Principal, Co-Principal and Consultant|
|2000 – 2011||Rodd Peters Lawyers | Employed Partner|
|1996 – 2000||Flynet Sfortware UK| In-house Legal Director|