Corinne is one of Australia’s most well-respected franchising and retail law specialists. She has more than 25 years of industry experience, including as Group Legal Counsel of a franchise group with oversight of over 350 stores. She represents some of Australia’s most recognisable suppliers of food and restaurants, household services, business to business services, health and aged care providers and retailers of a vast array of services and products on the market.
Corinne has wide experience in assisting new and established businesses with franchise issues, buying and selling franchised and retail businesses, franchise disputes including mediations and terminations, distribution and supply agreements, leasing, IP, international expansion and related issues.
Her approach is outcome oriented and risk management-based and combines practical common-sense commercial advice with legal solutions.
Corinne has been named one of Australia’s top franchising lawyers annually since 2014 in International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, and she was awarded Lawyer of the Year 2019 (Sydney) by Best Lawyers for the Franchise Law practice area. She has written numerous articles for industry publications and online and presented at various conferences in Australia and internationally. She is a current member of the Law Society of NSW, Franchise Council of Australia legal conference committee, American Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
Corinne joined Keypoint from Holman Webb Lawyers, where she was a partner in their commercial group.
- Corporate and Commercial
- Franchising and Property
- Acts for retailers, franchisors and franchisees (including master and multi-unit) with respect to negotiating contract terms to maximum advantage; setting up systems and procedures for efficient processing and management of leases, franchises and contracts; and managing disputes;
- Retail and commercial lease negotiation, documentation and disputes (including mediation);
- Purchases and sales of retail, wholesale and manufacturing businesses;
- Finance and loan documentation;
- Drafting documentation for master franchises and non-franchise distribution structures.
- Establishing and advising on risk management strategies and Franchising Code compliance;
- Disputes and mediations including breach and termination procedures, competition and pricing issues, ACCC investigations and media relations;
- International expansions for Australian companies, including Asia, Europe, Middle East, USA and New Zealand, and Australian expansions for foreign entities;
- Brand protection strategies, including protection and enforcement of trade marks, copyright and other intellectual property advice;
- Advertising and marketing issues and materials, including sponsorship agreements, social media and trade promotion terms and conditions;
- Supplier contracts including logistics and supply chain and distribution issues, including international; and
- Dealing with product recall process for retail products and dealing with overseas manufacturers and importers including for breach of Australian safety standards or recall of products for infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Recognised in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in Australia 2021 for Franchise Law.
- Named as one of the top franchise lawyers in Australia annually since 2014 in International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers.
- Recognised in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 for her expertise in Franchise Law.
- Awarded Lawyer of the Year 2019 (Sydney) for the Franchise Law practice area by Best Lawyers (published by Australian Financial Review).
- Corinne has written numerous articles for industry publications, and spoken at conferences here and overseas.
|2020||Keypoint Law | Consulting Principal|
|2013 – 2020||Holman Webb Lawyers | Partner|
|2008 – 2013||HWL Ebsworth | Special Counsel|
|2002 – 2008||Michel’s Patisserie | Group Legal Counsel|
|1997 – 2001||Connor O’Meara Solicitors | Solicitor|